Monday, September 17, 2012

reno, nv

When I left Salt Lake City, I wasn't sure yet if I wanted to go straight to San Francisco or make a stop between at Lake Tahoe.
My friend Matt (met him through CS) is from there and he offered me to ask some friends if they could give me a ride there from Reno, since it was hard and shitty to get there without a car. When I arrived in Reno in the morning, I haven't had heard anything from him, and I didn't want to hitchhike around Reno nor spend 6 hours there at the busstation.
So I got on the bus to San Fran and thought about going back to Lake Tahoe on the weekend, when Matt was gonna be there too.
Like a minute after the bus left, I got a text that he had found a ride for me. It was really mean, and now I felt that I really wanted to go there eventhough I wasn't sure in the beginning. So I walked up to the busdriver and asked him if there was any possibility to drop me off right now. Since I had a bag underneath the bus, of course, he couldn't stop in the middle of the street. But he asked me what happened and where I had to go and I told him I wanted to go to Lake Tahoe. So he was like, 'I can't drop you off right here, but maybe in Truckee, that's even closer to the lake.' Truckee was where I wanted to go anyways.
So he just stopped, right next to the highway, gave me my bag and told me which direction I had to go.
So I was there, just crossed the Californian border and walked along the highway til I reached that cute little town named Truckee.

No comments:

Post a Comment