Wednesday, September 12, 2012

glennwood springs and aspen, co

So this is already the end of my second day in Glenwood Springs. Many things happened and I'm very tired - this might be the altitude, or just because travelling is exhausting ;)

So on my first day here, I got stuffed with food again and then I walked around town for a little bit. After that, I felt like going hiking, so I went back to the house to get my stuff. When I walked outside it was raining like hell, but it got better after a short while so I just started walking. The weather was kinda weird, something between raining and hot sun, and that's why I got to see a beautiful rainbow and a lot of steamy clouds :) But in the end it got really cold, and I was happy when I made it back.
I was really tired, had a good dinner with Angela (she's the reason I'm here, because she is a friend of Chelsea and Greg and another friend of mine) and then I ended up meeting Adriaan (a friend of the owner of the house) who took me to his place, bacause he has daughters in my age. After that we went to the Glenwood Hot Springs, which felt really good, and then I was happy I finally got to go to bed. 

Today Adriaan (he's a funny guy from Holland, who lives here) took me to Aspen. It's like a 45 minute drive from Glenwood. When we got there, we first went to get lunch, where Adriaan met a friend, and I had way too much food (again). Today was actually the first day since I'm in the US where I had 3 meals - I'm feeling stuffed, I'm not used to so much food.
Anyways, after lunch we drove up all the way to the top of Independence Pass (3686m), through a lot of beautiful scenery and being up there was amazing! You could see the first snow (on another mountain), it was cold (yes finally cold weather! :D) and the all-around view was great. 
After that we went to Maroon Bells, which is also very beautiful and we saw 3 moose! :D
But it was a long day again, and going to bed sounds very tempting, especially because tomorrow is a travelling day again and I don't have anything packed yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment