Friday, October 26, 2012

some more portland, and seattle, wa

Portland
It's been a while since I left Portland, so this is gonna be just a short summary.
I explored mostly by myself, sometimes by bike and sometimes by bus and MAX.
On Wednesday I got my new awesome piercing! And I went to a CouchSurfing Meeting to meet some people and get some information about the city, since my hosts didn't have much time. It was pretty cool, there was a whole lot of people there, and we had a huge bucket of donuts and beer. After that I met up with some of my friends at a bar, and I ended up staying up really late with some guy named Josh. And so it happened that I was really hungover the next day, so I didn't do much. Just went to a park with a great view and watched the sunset :)
On Friday night I just went to a friend's house and a a couple beer, nothing too exciting.
On Saturday we went Halloween Costume Shopping - they some pretty awesome stores in Portland! Too bad my backpack's already more than full :(
At night we wanted to go to a show, but they checked ID at the door so we had to go to another bar. That was fun too though, and it was also kind of a girl's night (until Antonio and his co-worker came :)).
On Sunday me and 2 of Antonio's roommates went to his work to get breakfast. Since there were tons of people, we had to wait and so we walked around and went to a cool store which was selling all kinds of stuffed animals, bones and butterflies. The breakfast was delicious, and Antonio was really sweet, helping me out and paying for it!
Ater it took me forever to decide if I wanted to go to Seattle Sunday night or Monday morning, I ended up staying and we had a horror movie night with lots of popcorn and candy.

Seattle
So first of all, Seattle is awesome!
It's not too big, not too small and has a lot of artsy stuff and cool and openminded people :)
I got there Monday afternoon, so I didn't do much that day.
On Tuesday I went to Capitol Hill, a very nice district and also to a park. There I met some pretty interesting people and I ended up hanging out with them for a while. We also went to the community college and one of them played piano and we just hung out there. After that I met up with a friend's friend and we just walked around a little bit and played with his dog in the park. He also gave me a ride back to the house, which was very nice :)
Back at the house were two new couchsurfers and we had a pumpkin carving party. I haven't done that in forever and they turned out really nice.
On Wednesday I did a lot of sightseeing (that was the first time I really did that on my whole trip) with one of the other couchsurfers. We walked around a lot and we saw a lot from the city and it's a really cool city :) It was exhausting too, so I decided to take the opportunity to go to a small mediation circle and it was just the perfect thing to do :) I had a lot of energy after that and I felt really good. At night we went to play poker at a friend's of my host's house.
On Thursday I spend a lot of time at the waterfront, just drawing. After that I met up with my new friends and had a very interesting experience at a small art shop at the market. At midnight we went to a movie (Cloud Atlas) which was long, but surprisingly pretty good.
And because of the movie I had only 6 hours of sleep, because I had to get up early the next day. I met my friend at a cafe and then I wanted to take the bus to Olympia. But since i found a really cool place to hang out on the way to the bus staion, I decided to take the later bus and stay there for a couple hours, which was totally worth it :)
So all in all I really liked Seattle, and I would love to live there for a couple months!

No comments:

Post a Comment