Monday, October 1, 2012

arcata, ca

A day later than planned, i finally left San Francisco on Thursday. It's not that I didn't have fun, but 7 days of non-stop party and big city is more than enough. So I headed to Arcata, a small town in Northern California. I found a last-minute place to stay for the first two nights. It was a really cool big house, that used to be a hospital.
During the days I hung out at the plaza, a little park where a lot of traveling folk and hobos are, or in the Redwood Park. The park/forest is beautiful, and eventhough the redwoods here aren't that big, it was definitely worth seeing it and spend some time out in nature. I also got to go to the beach, where a little private drum circle and some fire shows were going on :) very good feeling. After that the Mexican guy who was also staying at the house showed me some of his handcrafting, which was pretty amazing.
I also met up with two guys from the Czech Republic here, which was fun and one night we camped out in the redwoods, trying to hide from parkrangers. We met some other people there, and had a fun night with a campfire, some food and fun conversations. I really enjoyed that, there's so much traveling spirit - people that have been traveling for 4, 5 years. You can definitely learn a lot from them and it's fun to listen to their stories.
And eventhough the night was cold, waking up in the forest was amazing :)
I was kinda planning on hitchhiking out of Arcata on Sunday, but it didn't really work out so I'm here for another day. I found a new place to stay from someone who picked me up on the street and this is also gonna be my ride to Weaverville, a little town a little closer to Etna, where I have to go. I'm hoping to make it up there soon, but we'll see.Right now I don't know. And I forgot my adapter in San Fran, so no way to charge my phone, camera or computer. Thank God lots of people have the same charger as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment