Sunday, November 4, 2012

olympia, wa

After I left Seattle I went to Olympia, to stay there for a while. I had a place to stay at a friend of a friend's house. When I got there it was already dark and raining, but the streets were still busy, and it seemed like a really cool place.
On my first day there I met up with a friend from Denver, who was there too and we went and got coffee and then walked around in the woods for a while.
At night, after I had to wait forever because I coulnd't get in anywhere. But then I met up with 2 friends and we went to a Halloween house show - that was fun, and something pretty American.
On Sunday I had coffee with my friend in the morning and then I just walked around town.
Monday way the day where a bunch of things happened - I went to the food bank to get some free food so I could cook at the house. When I got there, there was a long line and lots of people waiting. Some guy in front of me just started talking to me and after a while the people behind me (a travelling kid and a girl) joined the conversation and I just talked to them the whole time we were waiting and then we shared a shopping kart. Close to the ed of the free shopping spree I got a text from my hosts about my travel plans - they didn't really kick me out but it was clear that it was time for me to move on. It was kinda weird because I had planed to spend Halloween in Olympia and I'd only been there a couple days. I told Corey (Koi), the guy I was talking to, about that and he said he would ask his roommate if I could stay at their house for a little bit. And I could - right after the food bank we drove to the house to get my stuff and so I moved to a house somewhere in the woods.
Later that afternoon Koi took me to show me around the Evergreen woods - we went to a very nice spot, drank good beer and just talked until it got dark. Back at the house we made dinner for everybody.
The next day we just hung out at the house, watched the leaves and the rain falling and later we went for a walk with Koi's dog, Sammy.
Wednesday was Halloween and since I'm too young to go to bars, Koi was gonna play guitar on the street so we could buy some tequila later and drink it at the house. So that's what we did - sitting on the street, playing music and watching people. For me, that was a very unique experience and I'm so happy that I've made it - things like that definitely make you think about our wasting society.
After Halloween it was time for me to leave Olympia and go up to Vancouver - with some stops in Seattle, Port Angeles and Vistoria in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment