Monday, November 5, 2012

on the way to vancouver

Seattle
Leaving Olympia was very hard for me, so I was happy I knew where I could go while I had to wait for my next bus in Seattle.
I had about 3 hours so I went to that sweet anarchist coffee shop, which was not far from the busstaion. There I just hung around, talked to some people and waited. After a while Ace, my friend from Seattle came and it was so funny how surprised he was to see me again. Then he asked if I wanted to come to the park with them and paint. I didn't really know what he meant by "paint" and I only had like 30 min left before I had to go to the bus, but I went with him and his friend anyways.
It was kinda raining (quelle surprise!) and after we found a nice spot, they started painting - spraypainting. It was really cool to watch and then Ace's friend asked me if I wanted to try. I did but I only had 10 minutes left - he still showed me and so I did my first spraypainting picture within 10 minutes before I had to say goodbye to Seattle, run to the busstation and make my way to Port Angeles.

Port Angeles
The bus to Port Angeles what not a Greyhound, but some other company and it was a funny-looking minibus with 4 old men and me. With the bus we also had to go on a ferry, which was very nice and I really enjoyed it.
Since I didn't have a place to stay in Port Angeles I sent out a couple CS last minute requests, but since no one responded in time I decided to find a park to sleep and so I aksed the busdriver, who was from there. She was really nice, but she told me that there wasn't really any good places to sleep. She was also kinda worried and so she started making calls to see if there was a shelter where I could spend the night.
After a while she found one and she even gave me a ride to it, which was really nice. So I slept in a big room on a plastic matress, but it was a bed, and I even had a shower in the morning.

Victoria
I took the boat from Port Angeles to Victoria on Vancouver Island. Arriving there I had to cross the Canadian border which was very unpleasant - unfortunately. Then I took the bus to the port where the ferry to Vancouver was leaving. There were lots and lots of people but the scenery was very beautiful and I enjoyed being on a boat (as always:)).

No comments:

Post a Comment