Monday, November 12, 2012

border crossing, seattle, olympia

When I left Vancouver my plan was to cross the border to see if they would let me stay and then stop in Seattle to see if I could book a flight and spend some more days in Olympia instead of spending 3 days on a bus to go back to Cleveland.
After a long discussion and confused officers they decided that it was my decision (and risk) if I wanted to stay longer or not - they wouldn't renew my visa waiver program.
I was really sad, because eventhough I had to think about it a lot, by then it was clear to me that I want to travel longer. 
Anyways, in Seattle I bought a busticket to Olympia, but I couldn't get myself to book my flight back to Cleveland yet. 
In Olympia I spent some time by myself, and then finally hit burial grounds to wait for Koi - I just figured that he would be there sooner or later. It took me forever to book that flight but after some talking, I finally did it and we went to buy some food and then back to the house in the woods.
We spent my last days as we did earlier in Olympia. Hanging around, going for walks, talking and even a little shopping spree once. I was just enjoying Koi's company.
In the end we had a little stress with his roommate (Brian), but I was leaving anyways so it didn't really matter, it just made everbody a little pissed.

Leaving was hard, but I guess it had to be. 
And I have no doubt that I will see some of the people again, maybe in Austria some day or maybe on my next trip to the states :)

No comments:

Post a Comment